|Course Code: 117
|Duration: 1 day
|CPE Credits: 6
|Prerequisite: No Prerequisite Required.
This one-day course provides a scientific methodology for dealing with the rapid changes occurring throughout the global financial markets.
For most market participants, conditions across all markets have never changed as fast as they are now. Scientists have been studying change in the natural world for at least 150 years, and they have come to a consensus on several topics. We will apply much of what they have learned to the financial markets. We will cover several market sectors in detail: asset management, clearing, research and market-making.
How you will benefit:
Delegate challenges/Your solutions:
- You will learn a scientific approach to change in the financial markets
- You will be able to apply that approach to changes in:
- Asset Management
- You will have the tools to deal with change in other market segments
Topics Covered Include:
- For most market participants, conditions across all markets have never changed as fast as they are now. The answer lies in taking a scientific approach to market change.
- Asset managers, FCMs and broker/dealers are all dealing with several interconnected forces. We will analyze those forces and how to both deal with them and use them.
- Algos are a new and powerful force in the markets. We will examine the various forms of algos and how they interact.
- Surviving in Changing Markets
- Understanding the Science of Change
- Applying that Science to the Financial Markets
- Examining the Long Term and Short Term Forces
- Implications of the Confluence
- Change in the Asset Management Business
- Change in the Clearing Business
- Change in the Research Business
- Change in the Market-Making Business
- The Impact of Algos
- Dealing with Market Change - Basic Rules